Urology is an area of medicine concerning the treatment of conditions involving the kidneys, bladder, male and female urinary tract (uro-gynaecology) and the male reproductive system. There is commonly an overlap between urology, gynecology and oncology in clinical negligence claims.
Common urology related compensation claims include:
- Failure to diagnose and/or treat kidney stones;
- Diagnosis and management of bladder, testicular and prostate cancer;
- Urinary incontinence;
- Injury to the ureter during surgery.
Some examples of our successful claims:
- An award of £8,000.00 for the negligent removal of a urinary catheter which led to recurrent narrowing of the urethra requiring repeat surgery.
- An award of £15,000.00 for the delay in diagnosis and treatment of testicular torsion resulting in removal of the right testicle.
If you have suffered injury as a result of urology treatment you have received, please contact our experienced Medical Negligence team today on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online enquiry form.