Spinal injury cases are often at the more serious end of medical negligence claims and always require specialist knowledge – both in terms of the doctors who are responsible for treatment and also the solicitor you choose in the unfortunate event that something goes wrong. Doctors specialising in this very complex area tend to be either neuro-surgeons or orthopaedic surgeons who are typically involved in procedures such as spinal fusion (often as a result of osteo-arthritis), laminectomy (trapped nerve release) and microdisectomy (removal of a slipped disc).
In most cases, spinal surgeons provide an excellent service, however, there are instances where things go wrong and mistakes are made which can have particularly serious consequences, such as paralysis.
Common A&E compensation claims include:
- Failure to carry out surgery with reasonable skill and care;
- Failure to read an x-ray properly;
- Negligently performed spinal injections
- Delay in treatment of e.g. cauda equina (pressure and swelling on the nerves at the end of the spinal cord).
Some examples of our successful spinal injury claims:
- An award of £1,000,000.00 for serious injury caused to the Claimant’s sciatic nerve
If you feel that you have suffered an illness or injury as a consequence of substandard treatment received resulting in spinal injury, contact our experienced Medical Negligence team today on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online enquiry form.