We are encouraged to attend regular check-ups with our dentist to identify any problems with our teeth, gums or mouth at an early stage. Early intervention with a dental problem usually makes treatment easier and more likely to be successful.
However, the care received from a dentist can sometimes fall below the care that can be expected of a reasonably competent dentist which can lead to loss of teeth, unnecessary pain and suffering, and poor cosmetic results.
Common compensation claims relating to Dental Negligence include:
- Failure to carry out appropriate examinations and treatment of periodontal (gum) disease
- Failure to identify and treat infection
- Failure to recognise and treat dental decay
- Improper dental technique
- Crowns and Bridges
Some examples of our successful dental negligence claims include:
- An award of £52,500.00 for the failure to diagnose, identify or treat periodontal disease between 1974 – 2009 resulting in the extraction of several teeth and extensive restorative work
- An award of £7,000.00 for failure to provide thorough dental treatment leading to the loss of several teeth
- An award of £4,000.00 where a drill broke the tooth adjacent to the tooth being treated
- An award of £3,000.00 where a dentist attempted to extract an infected tooth instead of referring the patient for extraction under anaesthetic
- An award of £4,500.00 for the extraction of an incorrect tooth
If you have suffered injury as a consequence of substandard dental treatment, contact our experienced Medical Negligence team today on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online enquiry form.