More than 50,000 cosmetic procedures were undertaken in the UK in 2013 according to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. Breast augmentation accounted for over 20% of operations, followed in popularity by eye-lid operations and then face/neck lifts. The biggest increase recorded was in respect of liposuction.
In most cases, treatment is completed without any complications, however, on occasion things go wrong and mistakes can be made with serious consequences.
As well as compensation for the adverse affects of the cosmetic procedure it may be possible to claim back money paid for negligent treatment and/or for further remedial treatment required.
Common cosmetic surgery compensation claims include:
- Failure to provide proper information regarding the risks of what is often an elective procedure;
- Failure to take proper instructions;
- Additional unwanted surgery;
- Surgery leading to a poor aesthetic result.
Some examples of our successful cosmetic surgery claims:
- An award of £10,000.00 for a failure to properly consent a patient before a face-lift resulting in a poor outcome.
- An award of £7,500.00 for the negligent manner in which skin treatment was provided resulting in a significant worsening of the condition rather than an improvement.
If you feel that you have suffered an unacceptable outcome as a result of a cosmetic procedure, contact our experienced Medical Negligence team today on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online enquiry form.