Cancer Claims - delay in diagnosis
According to Cancer Research UK more than 1 in 4 of all UK deaths are caused by cancer, with over 900 new cases being diagnosed in the UK every day. Early diagnosis and treatment is often essential to give the sufferer the best chance of survival. That usually requires your GP to recognise the signs and symptoms and make the appropriate referral for investigations to be carried out and for appropriate treatment to be given.
Common compensation claims relating to cancer include:
- Failure or late referral by a GP to a specialist
- Failure to carry out the correct investigations
- Failure to diagnose
- Late diagnosis
- Failure to provide the correct treatment
Some examples of our successful claims include:
- £250,000.00 paid to a widower following failure to diagnose cervical cancer
- £50,000.00 paid to a family following failure to diagnose lung cancer
- £10,00.00 to a widower following delayed diagnosis of oesophageal cancer
- £15,000.00 to a family following delayed diagnosis of lung cancer
If you or a loved one has suffered an illness or injury as a consequence of substandard treatment, contact our experienced Medical Negligence team today on 033 3344 9600 or complete our online contact form.